Turismo de Portugal is Europe's Leading Tourist Board
Turismo de Portugal (Tourism of Portugal) won the World Travel Awards 2015, known as the "Tourism Oscars" in the category of best European Official Tourism Agency (Europe's Leading Tourist Board).
This was the result of a vote which was attended by thousands of sector experts from all countries in the world. This is the third time that Portugal wins this award, for the first time in 2008 and again last year.
João Cotrim Figueiredo, Turismo de Portugal President, states that "the prize belongs to the outstanding employees of Turismo de Portugal, who prove every day that you can have a modern, effective and market oriented public administration. And it also belongs to every Portuguese who is is the living example of the art of hospitality."
The award ceremony of this 22nd edition of the World Travel Awards, last 5th September in Sardinia (Italy), granted Portugal 14 distinctions:
- The Algarve, Europe's Leading Beach Destination
- Hotel Quinta do Lago, Europe's Leading Beach Resort
- Hotel Vila Joya, Europe's Leading Boutique Hotel
- Choupana Hills Resort & Spa, Europe's Leading Boutique Resort
- Myriad by SANA Hotels, Europe's Leading Business Hotel
- The Vine Hotel, Europe's Leading Design Hotel
- Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, Europe's Leading Green Hotel
- Up Magazine (TAP magazine) Europe's Leading Inflight Magazine
- Bairro Alto Hotel, Europe's Leading Landmark Hotel
- Conrad Algarve, Europe's Leading Luxury Resort & Spa
- Monte Santo Resort, Europe's Most Romantic Resort
- Quinta da Casa Branca, Mediterranean's Leading Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Quinta do Lago, Mediterranean's Leading Hotel
Latest in News