Event Point’s International MICE Correspondent Ramy Salameh collaborated with InternationalRail.com, who provided him an Interrail ‘Global Pass’ ticket to explore Switzerland, Austria and Slovakia helping him to discover some of Europe’s hidden MICE gems. During his travels, he had the chance to visually showcase some amazing, quirky and inspiring venues/ incentives. Through our ‘Gallery section’ take a tour of the places and activities that you may not have been aware of, but with the help of ‘Event Point International’ may well plant the seeds of an idea that may take root for your next event.
Lausanne and Montreux are two of Switzerland’s most captivating cities which intertwine culture and lifestyle, with dramatic nature and scenery. Sharing cinematic-like vistas of the snow-peaked Alps and clear waters of Lake Geneva, they also now share a common goal in attracting MICE events to their region; The Lausanne Montreux Congress formed an alliance in the last two-years and it is paying dividends for the destinations and its partners - see lausanne-montreux-congress.ch.
Take a look at some photos from Lausanne
1. Lausanne Olympic Capital is both historic and modern with specialist knowledge clusters, not least the business of Sport;
2. The Olympic Museum is a very special venue to hold events;
3. Royal Savoy Hotel & Spa's rooftop skylounge bar with lake and mountan views;
4. Royal Savoy Hotel & Spa has varying MICE options to choose from;
5. Lausanne's Beaulieu Convention Center is a multi-functional building offering modular and unique spaces to meet almost every event - congres-lausanne.ch;
6. Beaulieu Convention Centre has 30,000sqm of exhibitions halls and 12,000sqm of garden - congres-lausanne.ch;
7. SwissTech Convention Centre is fondly known as the 'Diamond' and is a platform for the Lausanne Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) - stcc.ch;
8. SwissTech Convention Centre - a building designed with sustainability and modular flexibility, designed by Richter Dahl & Associates Architects - stcc.ch;
9. SwissTech Convention Centre's auditorium A & B has seating that can be folded under the floor in under 1-hour, means customization of the space to the needs of the organiser - stcc.ch;
10. Hôtel de la Paix, Lausanne has 8-meeting rooms and city centre location - image courtesy of the hotel.
Credits: Ramy Salameh
Latest in Galleries