Event Point’s International MICE Correspondent Ramy Salameh collaborated with InternationalRail.com, who provided him an Interrail ‘Global Pass’ ticket to explore Switzerland, Austria and Slovakia helping him to discover some of Europe’s hidden MICE gems. During his travels, he had the chance to visually showcase some amazing, quirky and inspiring venues/ incentives. Through our ‘Gallery section’ take a tour of the places and activities that you may not have been aware of, but with the help of ‘Event Point International’ may well plant the seeds of an idea that may take root for your next event.
Soelden in the Oetztal Valley, Tirol is an Austrian destination that has welcomed ‘James Bond’ to its snow-capped peaks. Part of the Bond film ‘Spectre’ was filmed here in 2015, with much of the action taking place at 3,040m atop the ‘Gaislachkogl’ Mountain. So it is no wonder that a new high-tech interactive James Bond Installation/ museum has become a hugely popular attraction, but also an amazing ‘Incentive’ opportunity alongside the ‘ICE Q Panorama Restaurant’ (which featured in the film too) which has meetings spaces to truly ‘WOW’ every delegate/ guest. Check it out: https://007elements.soelden.com/home.html and the nearby Area 47.
1. Elements 007 Gondola plays theme tunes fromt he film as you ascend the Gaislachkogl Mountain
2. 007 Elements, ICE Q Panorama Restaurant at 3,040m above sea level and an incredible meeting and incentive location - image courtesy of Soelden Tourism soelden.com
3. ICE Q Panorama Restaurant lives up to its name with architecture that floats above the mountain scenery
4. ICE Q Panorama Restaurant offers fine dining in one of the world's highest gourmet restarants with extraordinary high-alpine views
5. ICE Q Restauraunt's top floor can be used for meetings and seminars, with a wondrous panorama
6. Visible from ICE Q Restaurant - three cars used in the film Spectre now dot the frozen landscape
7. 'We have been expecting you Mr. Bond' - the meetings space available for hire in ICE Q Restaurant
8. Elements 007 - The Entrance to the installation and the start of a truly amazing incentive idea
9. Elements 007 - Entering the venue is a shock to all the senses, as you start with a room called 'Barrel of the Gun'
10. Elements 007- 'The lobby' - Every aspect of the cinematic installation is a homage to James Bond Past and present, with a special focus on Spectre
11. From Elements 007 it is possible to view another car used in the film as part of the chase scene on the Rettenbach Glacier Road
12. Elements 007 - Model of Jaguar in the Tech Room
13. The Briefing Room - a three-dimensional view of the mountain scenes in Spectre and much more
14. Elements 007 - Action Room where you can understand how one of the most spectacular scenes in Bond film history was created - image courtesy of Soelden Tourism
15. Elements 007 - Screening Room, the final part of the journey where the entire scene in Seolden is played out
16. Aqua Dome - aqua-dome.at - superior 4 Star hotel has 22,000sqm wellness and spa area and 900sqm of meeting spaces, image courtesy of Seolden Tourism
Credits: Ramy Salameh
Latest in Galleries