Zero Waste Management: responsible fun in India
Initiative won the first prize in the Sustainable Innovation category at BEA World Awards.
India annually produces more than 1.5 million tons of plastic waste. Capgemini India has decided to contribute to a cleaner country and create the concept of 'responsible fun' for the company's annual event.
The "Zero Waste Management" initiative, which won the first prize in the Sustainable Innovation category at BEA World Awards, was held in eight Indian cities for about 20,000 people at each event. More than 400 containers have been installed to collect dry and wet waste and food. After the three levels of waste separation, a task done on site, the first (23%) were redirected to recycling and the remaining 77% used to create gas for cooking.
This way, the goal of reducing the waste generated in events was reached and the message passed to thousands of people.
Watch the event's video here.
Agency: Laqshya Live Experiences Pvt. Ltd.
BEA World Awards: 1st Sustainable Innovation Award and 1st Best Event Agency Award for Laqshya Live Experiences (India).
Latest in Case Studies